Intellectual Property Knowledge and Resources
* Understanding basic IP concepts such as patents, copyright, trademarks and designs from IPOS.
* Leveraging your intangible assets for business growth through IPOS International’s Foundation Programme Download Brochure
Funding Schemes and Incentives
From Enterprise Singapore
* List of grants for startups and local enterprises available from Enterprise Singapore.
From Economic Development Board (EDB)
* List of incentives and development schemes for business expansion available from EDB.
From Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS)
* Productivity and Innovation Credit (PIC) provides tax benefits for investments by businesses in a broad range of activities along the innovation value chain, namely:
1. Acquisition or leasing of PIC Automation Equipment
2. Training of employees
3. Acquisition of Intellectual Property Rights
4. Registration of patents, trademarks, designs and plant varieties
5. Research and development activities; and
6. Investment in approved design projects.
Education and Training
* Technology Commercialisation workshop for officers and managers who are involved in R&D, technology transfer or innovation and enterprise management.
* Open Innovation workshop for corporate and SME innovation or R&D teams who would like to learn about the various types of IP, IP protection and strategies, the concept of open innovation and its tools and platforms.
* Learning to manage IP from IPOS International’s training programmes
Time- and Cost-Efficient Dispute Resolution Options
* The Arbitration and Mediation Center of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO Center) is a neutral, international and non-profit dispute resolution provider that offers time- and cost-efficient alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services to court litigation, such as mediation, arbitration and expert determination to enable parties to efficiently settle their disputes. The WIPO Center is particularly recognized for the administration of international intellectual property and technology disputes involving private parties.
* Learn about the ADR services that the WIPO Center provides to help parties prevent and resolve disputes arising in the area of research and development (R&D) and technology transfer.
* Referral to WIPO dispute resolution procedures is consensual and to facilitate party agreement the WIPO Center provides recommended contract clauses (for the submission of future disputes under a particular contract) and submission agreements (for existing disputes).